Friday 20 September 2013

Just This Once by Rosalind James






“An unsure dutiful marketing executive who escapes to NZ for a vacation VS a sure stable rugby player”

Series: Escape to New Zealand #1

Well, this brief plot summary should cover everything already. I like the heroine as she is independent and strong, if not too dutiful and bound by those she loves. So, after her long years of work and responsibilities, Hanna flies to NZ for a three-week vacation where she is rescued from rips by Drew, a charming rugby player. 

They know they enjoy spending time with each other and they know fall in love with each other, but despite Drew’s obvious intention to keep their relationship after Hanna flies back to the States, Hanna is pretty unsure and pretty insecure about Drew and his commitment. 

Somewhat the best part for me is how a person can escape for a peaceful vacation – maybe I’m in need of one myself. Indeed, the freedom to roam wild and be released from the confining world is really beautiful.
Drew is nice. I guess this is the way I enjoy reading about male characters in so-called chick lit and romance. He is thoughtful, observant, caring and committed. The scene he asked Hanna to show her apartment and her office around is rather sweet, for he tells Hanna he can imagine where she is and what she looks at when they talk on the phone. 

I can help comparing the books with Chicago Stars Series since it is all about famous sportsmen as eligible bachelors. Yet, in this first book, the heroine here is not as financially unstable as that in CSS.

I may continue reading the book two though. 

Hmmm, I give B. Too bad that although Hanna’s insecurity is understandable, it is somewhat not a plot for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment